- Design of PCM equipment (First generation)
- Design of FM multiplexing equipment for T-1 lines
- (First genaration-Microwave repeater systems)
- Design of highly redundant systems for telemetry on oil-pipelines
- Design of a National Telephone System for the Country of Tunisia
- Design of large vertical electric motors- H.P. up to 5000hp.
- Design of high-voltage transmission facilities up to 144,000 Volts
- 3-phase Y and Delta Systems (underground and overhead)
- Design of underground and overhear power feeds to minor subdivisions and shopping centers
- Load Analysis for residential, commercial and Industrial buildings
- Design of Natural gas turbine genaration : up to 171MWe
- Design of Combined Cycle Power Plants, up to 650 MWe
- Design of Co-genaration Power Plants: up to 100MWe
- Design of Natural gas steam turbine power plant: up to 650 MWe
- Load analysis for co-generation facilities
- Sorting Algorithms
- Optimal Search Patterns
- Shortest Path
- Graphs (Nodes and edges defined with weights on the node and path)
- Multistage graphs with time domain multiplexing on weights ascribed to the nodes (for learning algorithms)
- All Pairs, Shortest Path
- Optimization of binary search trees
- On this project the Senior Engineer was responsible for the major portion of the system specifications. The Domain Experts were two local Medical Practitioners and friends.
- Project design was done using the UML Notation and use case analysis.
- Project was first coded in Java
- Project is now coded in C#
This page is under construction. Since the storm of 2017 the Senior Engineer has been working full time on the restoration of Kuykendahl Business Park. As of Feb 20 our office is still in shambles but we are definitely seeing the light at the end of the tunnel
The Senior Engineer has been involved in Software Development since the late 1960’s. Presently, as part of the Project in Haiti, we are involved with Advanced Software Development in all the Web Design for the mPower Haiti Project.
Additionally we are creating the portals for the AscenTrust Haiti Project. This portal will be a CROWDFUNDING site. The money raised on this site will be used to complete the construction of the hospital in the carousel shown on this link.
The following is a snapshot of portions of the Resume of the Senior Engineer as it relates to Software, hardware, communications systems, Instrumentation and control systems and SCADA Systems
The Senior Engineer has a B.Sc.E.E. and an M.Sc.E.E. in Plasma Physics/Nuclear Engineering.
1. PROBLEM SOLVING & IMPROVING: The Senior Engineer comes from a high level Research and Development Background and has had remarkable success in diverse areas of Engineering. Not afraid to take on big challenges. Good grasp of technology and quickly able to extend existing technologies.
2. HIGHLY CREATIVE AND INNOVATIVE: always looking for ways to improve the technologies under my guidance in development. Develop practical solutions to problems. See the big picture, yet pay close attention to the details.
The Senior Engineer has over 40 years of electrical engineering experience in the field of commercial and industrial plant design, construction and plant start-up. Responsibilities include conceptual engineering detail design, short circuit studies, load flow studies, coordination studies for fuse, circuit breakers and relay setting, substation design, control schematic design, PLC design and programming in addition to project management and coordination, manpower forecast, project scheduling, cost estimate and specification writing.
The Senior Engineer has over 40 years of in the field of commercial and industrial instrumentation and control systems (SCADA SYSTEMS. Responsibilities include conceptual engineering detail design, control schematic design, PLC design and programming in addition to project management and coordination, manpower forecast, project scheduling, cost estimate and specification writing.
The following list indicates a few of the electrical engineering skill sets acquired by the Senior Engineer in his professional Career.
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, PROGRAMMING AND SOFTWARE SYSTEM ANALYSIS
PART ONE: ACADEMIC MAINFRAME PROGRAMMING
1. Mainframe Programming: Over 30 years of Software and hardware System Engineering and programming beginning on mainframes and including minicomputers and microcomputer, and related technologies.
2. Algorithms on mainframes: Designed and implemented algorithms in APL, P/L-1 and Fortran, on IBM 360 for the numerical solutions of partial Differential Equation. The primary partial Differential equation used was the Vlasov equation in ionized gas. This is the transport equation used for the non-linear interaction of lasers and plasma.
3. Numerical Solutions on mainframes: The numerical solutions were generated using first and second order harmonic analysis on the linearized solutions to Vlasov’s equation. The solution to this problem was the major part of my thesis topic. The paper which was associated with this Master’s Thesis was published in the Canadian Journal of Physics and the title of the article was: “Difference frequency Harmonic Ionic Heating in Magnetized Plasmas.”
4. A/I Algorithms: Research studies, design, analysis and implementation of Artificial Intelligence algorithms based on;
PART TWO: PROGRAMMING ON MAINFRAMES AND X-25 NETWORKING
Extensive use of Fortran and ADA in developing software systems for General Telephone (GTE) in their manufacturing facility at Lenkurt Electric, in Vancouver B.C.
PART THREE: PROGRAMMING ON UNIX (DEC PDP-11) AND X-25 NETWORKING
Extensive use of Cobol and fortran in software systems in time and motion analysis for U.S. Motors. I was employed by Emerson Electric at the time.
PART FOUR: ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS PROGRAMMING ON WINDOWS 2000 SERVER AND USING TCP/IP NETWORKING
Since the fall of 1999 have been the lead software developer of a Software Development Company called Advanced Software Development, Inc. and a related marketing company called Regional Electronic Medical Systems, Inc.
The software package is a HIPAA compliant piece of medical software which is distributed, does data entry, data archival and medical billing.
PART Five: ENCRYPTION SOFTWARE DEVELOPED ON CENT OS-7 (LINUX) AND USING TCP/IP NETWORKING
Since October 2015 have been the lead Project Manager and coder for Interlok. We are re-developing an encryption software which was developed by a third party.
PART FIVE: CROWD FUNDING AND CRYPTO-CURRENCIES
The Senior Engineer
• Machine Languages (Instruction sets)
• IBM 360/370/390 Instruction Set
• Mips (Dec, Nintendo, Silicon Graphics, Sony)
• Motorola 6800 Series Microprocessors
• 80×86 Intel Microprocessors
• Coding in binary, octal, hexadecimal
• Coding in Assembler for mainframes and microcomputers
Programming languages mastered over the years
Fortran Fortran IV
Fortran 90/95 Cobol
CP67 running MTS
MVS-TSO and a multitude of variants on mainframes, some Language specific
Unix and variants, language specific to C
DEC PDP 1, 8, 10, 11
Linux: Fedora, CentOs, Ubuntu, Suse
Dos and variants
OS/2 and variants
Mac and variants
Windows 3.1, Nt., 95,98, 2000, Mellenium, Xp.
Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Network Operating Systems
Unix: NFS (Network File System)
Windows 2000 Advanced Server: LDAP
• LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
1. OSI Model
• Data Link
2. IEEE Networking Specifications
• 802.1 Internetworking
• 802.2 Logical Link Control
• 802.3 Ethernet LAN
• 802.4 Token Bus LAN
• 802.5 Token Ring LAN
• 802.6 Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)
• 802.8 Fiber Optic Technical Group
• 802.10 Network Security
• 802.14 Cable Broadband
3. Networking Protocols
• IPX/SPX for old NetWare systems
• WINS (Windows Internet Naming Service)
4. Transmission Media Characteristics
• Size and Scalability
• Media Converters
5. Copper Cabling (There are thousands of different types of copper cables in use today on networks) Some of the most common types are;
• UTP Category 1 Signaling, door bells, alarm systems
• UTP Category 2 Digital Phone Systems, Apple LocalTalk
• UTP Category 3 10B-T, 4Mbps Token Ring
• UTP Category 4 16Mbps Token Ring
• UTP Category 5 100Base-Tx, 1000Base-T
• UTP Category 5e 100Base-Tx, 1000Base-T
• UTP Category 6* 100Base-Tx, 1000Base-T
• UTP Category 7* 100Base-Tx, 1000Base-T
• Backbone UTP Cable Analog and Digital voice Applications
• Shielded twisted-Pair (STP) 4Mbps and 16Mbps Token Ring
• Screened twisted-Pair 100Base-Tx, 1000Base-T
• Coaxial RG-8 Thick Ethernet(10Base-5), Video
• Coaxial RG-58 Thin Ethernet(10Base-2)
• Coaxial RG-59 CATV
• Coaxial RG-6U CATV, Satellite, HDTV, Cable Modems
• Coaxial RG-6U Quad Shield Same as RG6 with extra shielding
• Coaxial RG-62 ARCnet, Video, IBM 3270
6. Optical Fiber
A. SONET (Synchronous Optical Network)
• OC1 51.840Mbps
• OC3 155.520Mbps
• OC9 466.560Mbps
• OC12 622.080Mbps
• OC18 933.120Mbps
• OC24 1244.160Mbps
• OC36 1866.240Mbps
• OC48 2488.32Mbps
• OC96 4976.640Mbps
• OC192 9953.280Mbps
B. FDDI (Fiber Distributed Data Interface)
• Old (MAN) fiber technology speed at 100Mbps.
• Essentially a “Stretched” version of Token Ring LAN technology.
C. Ethernet (GBE) Gigabit Ethernet and (10GBE) 10 Gigabit Ethernet
D. Asynchronous Transfer Mode
• Unchannalized data transfer methodology useful on Sonet rings
• Designed to provide bandwidth on demand
E. Fiber Channel
• Developed interconnect technologies with FDDI and ESCON
F. Synchronization of SONET and Ethernet
• Working on the design for a synchronous transfer of Data between SONET and Ethernet over Optical Fiber